On April 15, 2009, 1.2 million people in over 850 cities across the United States of American held “Tea Parties” to protest the bailouts and fiscal abuse perpetrated by the government. This was just the beginning of a larger movement aimed at restoring the basic free-market principles our country was built on and holding the government responsible for excessive spending.
The original organizers decided to continue the fight for our country in South Florida by forming South Florida Tea Party. South Florida Tea Party is a nonprofit and has filed with the IRS as a 501(c)4.
Since April 15th, 2009, we have held hundreds of rallies/protests, thousands of phone calls and emails to help influence public policy. It is just the beginning.
Accomplishments Since February, 2009 -------
- Held the largest civic protests ever in Palm Beach, Broward, and Miami/Dade Counties
- Grew from an initial email list of 400 to now over 20,000
- Held the first tea party activist training in Florida
- Held hundreds of protests and rallies that put the power back in the hands of We The People
- Put the Health Care Freedom Amendment on 2010 Ballot - only to have the courts remove it
- Put the Balance Budget Referendum on the 2010 Ballot - passed!
- Planned and executed one of the largest tea party Get Out the Vote Campaigns (GOTV) - over 500,000 phone calls & 50,000 voter guides
- Helped create awareness for Senator Elect Rubio by having him as a speaker at the 2009 tea party when no one knew him.
- Helped create awareness for Congressman Elect Alan West by having him give a speech at the South Florida Tea Party's Rally at the Revolution
- Expose & stop the out of control spending, fraud and abuses by the government at all levels.
- Assist organizations and citizens in having their voices heard.
- Provide a platform/coalition for all organizations to communicate and coordinate their efforts.
- Educate & promote our key issues fiscal responsibility, Constitutional limited government and a free markets.
- Provide a non-partisan view of candidates and their voting records to assist citizens in making informed decisions.
Here is a video from the 2009, Tea Party in West Palm Beach, FL